[Web4lib] Library Journal

Robert Balliot rballiot at gmail.com
Sat May 8 19:11:49 EDT 2010

Is LJ of great interest to Librarians, or is it more of a name-brand habit?
The brand was purchased by Reed. Aren't the editors are mostly journalism
majors?  The control is corporate. How relevant are they? And,  there is
that pesky problem with *accuracy*.

No, I wouldn't spend $100 for a subscription or share it if it was $10. It
is simply not relevant outside of the book reviews - which they get for free
from Librarians like me who were willing to share.

If Joe Schallan was the editor, though, I might seriously reconsider.

R. Balliot
http://oceanstatelibrarian.com