[Web4lib] Library Journal

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Sat May 8 16:39:59 EDT 2010

No doubt Library Journal charges the library premium rate because librarians
will share the copy their library receives by subscription.

An interesting experiment would be for LJ to charge the high rate for issues
sent to libraries, and a low rate (maybe even as cheap as Wired) for issues
sent to residences.

You could measure:

-- How many librarians would pay in 2010 for a journal of great interest to
them in order to have their own copy on paper in their homes?

-- How many librarians (and libraries) would cheat by bringing a "home" copy
into their library?

-- What would be the net effect on LJ revenues?

/rich