[Web4lib] Joomla

Breeding, Marshall marshall.breeding at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Mar 19 12:30:12 EDT 2010

I track content management systems in the lib-web-cats directory, though not that many are currently coded.  You can see at least some libraries using Joomla through this query:

  http://www.librarytechnology.org/libraries.pl?WebCMS=Joomla

Here are some libraries using Drupal:
  http://www.librarytechnology.org/libraries.pl?WebCMS=Drupal

I'm happy to update any library's listing with the CMS used if they will drop me a line.  I think that this is something of interest as more libraries make the move toward various CMS environments.

-marshall

Marshall Breeding
Director for Innovative Technology and Research
Vanderbilt University Library
Editor, Library Technology Guides
http://www.librarytechnology.org
615-343-6094

I posted this on collib-l and was suggest to ask this list.

Do any of your libraries use Joomla for developing the library's
website? I'm just learning about Joomla and wanted to see examples of
library sites running on it.

Any caveats on Joomla that you're aware of?

Andrew

Andrew L. Pearson
Director of the Library
Bridgewater College
402 East College Street
Bridgewater, VA 22812

Office:  (540) 828-5410
Fax:       (540) 828-5482
Email: apearson at bridgewater.edu<mailto:apearson at bridgewater.edu>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.