[Web4lib] Writing audio files to DVD

Kevil, L H. KevilL at missouri.edu
Wed Mar 3 14:12:31 EST 2010

I hope this is the right forum for this question:

What are the best options for writing  audio files (.mp3, FLAC, &c) to DVD for audio-only playback via typical DVD players? This would solve a number of problems: such as back-up, and having a tangible object for check-out. So far I am only aware of authoring software that can take .wavs and write them to a DVD-Audio disk. Few players can handle the now-obsolete DVD-A standard, so this is not a good option.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

L. Hunter Kevil, Ph.D.
Collection Development Librarian
University of Missouri Libraries