[Web4lib] Question: Digital Sign software

Jennifer Heise jenne.heise at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 11:45:58 EDT 2010

Hi! We are looking at providing monitors at our circulation desk that scroll
through a list of events. Our staff would like them to also default to, say,
CNN when not providing event/news signage, but I'll settle for basic
"Library News" scrolling display. I'm pretty sure I can do this with
Powerpoint, but am wondering if anyone knows of some simple free software to
do this for us? (The idea is that we would merely purchase larger monitors
and attach them to an older machine retired from our Public computing site,
then program the event information to display on the rotating sign screen.)
Any help would be appreciated.

--
Jennifer Heise

known in the SCA as Jadwiga Zajaczkowa