[Web4lib] ALA VCL MIG mtg in DC and in SL

Tom Peters tapinformation at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 18:57:30 EDT 2010

Hi, Everyone.

The ALA VCL MIG (Virtual Communities and Libraries, Member Initiative Group) will have a program and business meeting this Saturday, June 26th in DC (District of Columbia) and SL (Second Life).  Everyone is welcome to attend and participate.

Locations:
a.  Washington Convention Center, Room 303
b.  ALA Island in Second Life (http://slurl.com/secondlife/ALA%20Island/118/102/29/)

Start Times:
a.  1:30 p.m. EDT (Eastern Daylight Time)
b.  10:30 a.m. SLT (Second Life Time, also Pacific Daylight Time)

Duration:  2.5 hours max.

Program:
>>  Tom Boellstorff, author of Coming of Age in Second Life:  An Anthropologist Explores the Virtually Human, will speak about his studies
>>  Marilyn Johnson, author of This Book is OverDue, plans to attend and make some informal remarks.
>>  Other discussions and presentations too numerous to mention.
>>  Business meeting to follow:  This is a MIG (Member Initiative Group).  Everyone's ideas and input are welcome!

Another Program of Interest:  The ACRL VW IG (Virtual Worlds Interest Group) will be meeting in CAP South American beginning at 4:00 EDT (1:00 SLT) on Saturday.

More Info:
a.  Tom Peters (real life) (tpeters at tapinformation.com or 816.616.6746)
b.  Maxito Ricardo (Second Life)

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Peters, CEO
TAP Information Services
6106 South Stillhouse Road
Oak Grove  MO  64075

phone:     816.616.6746
email:      tpeters at tapinformation.com
fax:          816.625.0025
web:        www.tapinformation.com
Second Life Avatar:  Maxito Ricardo
OPAL:            www.opal-online.org
Unabridged:  www.unabridged.info

My new book, Library Programs Online, has been published by Libraries Unlimited.

TAP Info helps organizations innovate.