[Web4lib] ALA Annual Program: What Is Your Library Doing about Emerging Technologies?
bohyun.kim.ois at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 13:11:03 EDT 2010
What Is Your Library Doing about Emerging Technologies?
Date/Time: June 26, Saturday, 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Washington Convention Center -103B
A new job title of “Emerging Technology Librarian” seems to reflect an
awareness among today’s libraries that there is a need for a
librarians whose main role is to explore, evaluate, promote, and
implement various emerging technologies. 16 librarians in different
fields of librarianship at academic, school, and public libraries will
discuss the topic of emerging technologies at libraries, their
evaluation, implementation, adoption, and management challenges.
Come join us!
* Bohyun Kim, Digital Access Librarian, Florida International University
Topics and Panelists:
(1) What are emerging technologies and how they need to be adapted for
* Elisabeth Leonard, Associate Dean for Library Services, Western
* Frank Cervone, Vice Chancellor for Information Services, Purdue
* Peter Murray, Assistant Director, New Service Development, OhioLINK
* Steven Zink, V.P. Information Technology and Dean, University of Nevada
(2) Daily tasks of and skills required for emerging technologies librarians
* Amanda Margis, Web Services Children's Librarian ,Warren-Newport
* Danielle Whren Johnson, Digital Access Librarian, Loyola/Notre
* Darcy Del Bosque, Emerging Technologies Librarian, University of
Nevada, Las Vegas
* Elisabeth Abarbanel, School Librarian, Brentwood School, Los Angeles
* Rebekah Kilzer, Emerging Technologies Librarian, Drexel
(3) Challenges and management issues in emerging technology projects
* Cynthia Johnson, Head of Reference, University of California, Irvine
* Jacquelyn Erdman, Web Services Librarian, East Carolina University
* Kathryn Munson, Assistant Access Services Librarian,
Southeastern Louisiana University
* Marissa Ball, Emerging Technologies Librarian, Florida
(4) Emerging technology implementation and lessons learned
* David Ratledge, Associate Professor & Head, Library Technology
Services, University of Tennessee
* Gwen Evans, Coordinator, Library Information and Emerging
Technologies, Bowling Green State University
* Rebecca K. Miller, College Librarian for the Sciences, Virginia Tech
Bohyun Kim, M.A., M.L.I.S.
Digital Access Librarian
Florida International University Medical Library
bohyun.kim at fiu.edu
305. 348. 1471
More information about the Web4lib