[Web4lib] Discovery Systems: Solutions a User Could Love? MARS Local Systems & Services Forum at ALA

Carole Pilkinton pilkinton.10 at nd.edu
Tue Jun 15 15:43:02 EDT 2010

The RUSA/MARS Local Systems & Services Committee invites you to join our
discussion forum 'Discovery Systems: Solutions a User Could Love?'
When: Sunday, June 27, 2010 from 1:30-3:30 pm
Where: JW Marriott Hotel Washington DC (14th St NW at E St NW)
Panelists include:
- Marshall Breeding will provide an "Overview of Discovery Systems."
- Scott R. Anderson will share Millersville University's experience with
EBSCO's Discovery Service.
- Dale Poulter will share Vanderbilt University's experience with Primo
Central.
- Ellen Safely will share the University of Texas at Dallas's experience
with Innovative's Encore discovery platform.

Our panelists will highlight the experiences of libraries that have
implemented "next generation discovery tools" that provide access to
library collections from a single search box. Panelists will focus their
comments on user response and subsequent assessment of the local
implementation.  Discussion forum participants will be able to share
their experiences with discovery tools and ask questions following the
panelists. A summary of the key ideas will be available at
http://connect.ala.org/node/104915 following Annual.

--
Carole Pilkinton
Head, Electronic Resources & Serials Access Department
pilkinton.10 at nd.edu
PH 574.631.8405
115B Hesburgh Library
University of Notre Dame