[Web4lib] Self-service printing

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon Jul 26 09:56:34 EDT 2010

We've been using Pharos for 7 years or more and it is also used in computer
labs across campus. It takes pretty much minimal hardware but I'm not sure
what we are using right now, someone else is over that part of systems here.
I think we are using Dell 780 which a Google search shows me you can get for
at least $385 from Dell, so probably cheaper elsewhere.  You can use any
printer that you can install on a Windows or MAC machine.  We are also using
Novell iPrint to install drivers to workstations so you can install the driver
to any Pharos printer via iPrint.

Thomas

On Friday 23 July 2010 20:43:10 Gerry O. Laroza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We would like to implement the self-service printing at the library.
> Any suggestions on how did you do it are very much appreciated. Please
> suggest also the equipment and programs (software) you used to
> accomplish this project.
>
> Thank you very much,
>

> Gerry O. Laroza
> Computer & Audio-visual Section
> Rizal Library
> Ateneo de Manila University
>
> "Hardwork is useless, unless appreciated!"

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst            P O Box 32026
University Library                                Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/