[Web4lib] Federated search recommendations sought

Michael drweb at san.rr.com
Thu Jul 22 17:12:04 EDT 2010

Excellent point, Brian, but there's the recent news to consider; Google just
bought Metaweb:
http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2010/07/google_gets_sem.html

For libraries, I think we can still do more via the overlay or discovery
tools from our vendor community or open source, than with the generalized
metasearch tools (which indeed are built for different reasons). IMHO...

Take care,
Michael

Michael aka DrWeb | E-mail: DrWeb2 at gmail.com | Twitter: @DrWeb2
Blog: http://drweb.typepad.com/