[Web4lib] VuFind 1.0 released

Demian Katz demian.katz at villanova.edu
Fri Jul 16 10:55:31 EDT 2010

** I was told that this list might be interested in this announcement - apologies to those who already saw this on other lists yesterday; I'm not trying to spam anybody! **

VuFind's long beta period is now over. Yesterday, VuFind 1.0 was released. In addition to improved stability, the new release includes several features missing from the previous release candidate:

  * Flexible support for non-MARC metadata formats
  * A mobile interface
  * Dewey Decimal support
  * Integration with Serials Solutions' Summon
  * Dynamic "recommendations modules" to complement search results with relevant tips

For all the details and to obtain the software, please visit http://vufind.org/.  I'm also happy to answer questions!

- Demian