[Web4lib] Use of QR Code

John Fereira jaf30 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 14 15:40:31 EDT 2010

I know of at least a couple of online library catalogs that have dynamically generated QR codes on the item detail views.

Perhaps the most useful application that I have actually used is on the flightstats.com site.  When I travel I use TripIt to keep track of all the detail in my itinerary.  It creates a link to flightstats for flight information and when I print it out in includes a QR code for each leg of the trip.  I can take a photo of the code with my iPhone (I use BeeTagg Pro for the app) and it'll link me directly to the up-to-date detail view of that flight.

That reminds me, I have to enter trip info for two upcoming trips.