[Web4lib] css tabs

Ken Irwin kirwin at wittenberg.edu
Mon Jul 12 12:48:51 EDT 2010

JQuery's UI plugin makes it fantastically easy to build a tab-driven interface. See:
http://jqueryui.com/demos/tabs/

In case you're not familiar with jQuery: it's a javascript library that does a lot of the heavy lifting so you don't have to. It adds a layer of abstraction so all you have to do is create a few divs and add a few lines of javascript: one to call the library, another to call the plugin, and another to say "look for a div called (whatever) and turn its contents into a tabbed layout." Slick and easy.

Ken