[Web4lib] map showing public library closings- here it is!! Mission accomplished!

Naess, Petter naessp at state.gov
Wed Jul 7 08:12:53 EDT 2010

Thanks to early birds Lynn and Peter, who solved the mystery.

The map I was referring to was the one mentioned in beSpacific's  post
below (that's where I saw it...and incidentally, in case you don't
subscribe to the beSpacific newsletter, I warmly recommend it....)

beSpacific

Accurate, focused law and technology news

http://www.losinglibraries.org/

LosingLibraries.org is Launched by Librarians and Library Journal

In Libraries

"In an effort to map and chronicle the full range of cuts, closings, and
diminished library services nationally, Library Journal, in partnership
with Mandy Knapp and Laura Solomon (responsible for
SaveOhioLibraries.com), has launched LosingLibraries.org. The dynamic
website, which relies on reader contributions, has begun to track - via
links to articles, announcements, and press releases - the myriad cuts
and changes affecting public libraries around the country. Color-coded
tags indicate which kind of cuts have been implemented, including branch
closures, staff layoffs, and reduced hours. The map also overlays the
changing annual picture since the recession began in 2008."

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.