[Web4lib] IE 7 - IE 8 problem

Kozlowski,Brendon bkozlowski at sals.edu
Thu Jan 28 15:17:04 EST 2010

I would try making a copy of the site and removing any and all Flash (if any).  If you're still experiencing the problem, remove all JavaScript.  If that solves the problem, add the JavaScript back one at a time to determine the culprit.

If that does not solve the problem, try fixing the validation errors as Bob suggested (that should be done regardless, and it might help to do it first).

If even then it does not solve the problem, it's probably a setting on the computer.  Perhaps a resolution or DPI setting that just does not conform well to something on the site.  I often have issues with a large DPI and resolution set to 800x600.  DPI changes do not render well in any browser under certain conditions -- although I don't think that would cause "flashing".  (It's hard to understand exactly what you mean by "flashing" here.)

Brendon Kozlowski
Web Administrator
Saratoga Springs Public Library
49 Henry Street
Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866
[518] 584-7860 x217

To report this message as spam, offensive, or if you feel you have received this in error,
please send e-mail to abuse at sals.edu including the entire contents and subject of the message.
It will be reviewed by staff and acted upon appropriately.