[Web4lib] Link to Library site on College website

Yu, Holly HYu3 at exchange.calstatela.edu
Tue Jan 26 15:39:31 EST 2010

Nancy,

It sounded very familiar.  We went through the same battle twice when
the campus did its redesign. We had to present them with justifications
to argue why the library link should be linked off from the campus main
page.  We compared the library web usages over a period of time when the
link was on campus main page and when it was taken off, pulled student
comments regarding the need to have the library link on the campus main
page, surveyed peer campuses, presented the issue at Academic Senate
meetings, etc... Our teaching faculty members were very vocal and worked
with us during these Senate meetings. Eventually our link was placed
back on.

Holly

Holly Yu
Electronic Resources Coordinator