[Web4lib] Local Book iPhone application

Tim Spalding tim at librarything.com
Wed Jan 6 13:31:50 EST 2010

>Events are nice, but an app called Local Books should tell me where the books are locally.

Yes, at present it's about finding places that have books, not the
books themselves.

We're working on the latter. It's why we made the LibraryThing.com
Local Book Search feature (see
http://www.librarything.com/blog/2009/11/local-book-search-new-way-forward-for.php).
For what it's worth, that goes farther than anyone's ever done before,
so this is new ground. Negotiating permission from bookstores is hard.
Libraries present another problem.

> I find the approach good, but it is not easy to find a way to add libraries or bookstores.  Can this be added or specified in an easier way?

Good idea. I'll look into it. Basically, you add them on LibraryThing.
You've got to be a member because we need some control over possible
spam. But we should add a link or something.

Tim