[Web4lib] Room reservation program or scripts

John Fereira jaf30 at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 20 07:26:54 EST 2010

Edward Spodick wrote:
> There's a fairly popular open source product, although some find the setup daunting.
>
> MRBS - Meeting Room Booking System
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mrbs/

We're using MRBS as a backend and for it's calendar displays in our
library.  The registration forms are standard drupal forms that are
available through out library web site.  I also wrote a service which
pulls confirmed reservations from MRBS for display on the front page and
and information kiosk in the lobby.  The MRBS code was tweeked in a
number of places, including calling a library hours service that I wrote
so that people can't reserve a room during a period when the library is
closed.