[Web4lib] selecting a CMS/DAMS for a digital library

Ranti Junus ranti.junus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:03:27 EST 2010

I also heard something about Rescarta Foundation: http://www.rescarta.com/
It's open source and free as well.

I haven't tried it out myself, but looks like they're a fine tool as
well. Several examples:

http://198.111.166.82:8080/ResCarta-Web/jsp/RcWebBrowse.jsp

http://www.ecpubliclibrary.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=67&Itemid=193

http://www.flhiddentreasures.com/

ranti.

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Andrew Hankinson
<andrew.hankinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kelly,
>
> Have you looked at DSpace, Fedora, Eprints or CDS Invenio?
>
> They're all open source and usually conform to Digital Repository standards
> like OAIS or Dublin Core.
>
> -Andrew
>
> On 16-Feb-10, at 7:32 PM, Kelly McElroy wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am brand new to the list, so apologies if this is off-topic. I am a
>> student in the MLIS program at the University of British Columbia, and am
>> currently doing a co-op work term helping a non-profit organization start
>> digital library. We're currently considering different software programs,
>> and while I've been sifting through the big players (including CONTENTdm,
>> Greenstone, and per IT's request, SharePoint) I keep wondering if there is
>> simpler option that I am missing. I've used a few helpful case studies as
>> well asinformation put out by JISC, but I'm curious: are there are other
>> good tools out there for this sort of decision-making?
>>
>> Thank you in advance, and feel free to respond off-list.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Kelly McElroy
>> MAS/MLIS candidate, University of British Columbia

Bulk mail.  Postage paid.