[Web4lib] selecting a CMS/DAMS for a digital library

Kelly McElroy kellymce at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 19:32:08 EST 2010

Hello all,

I am brand new to the list, so apologies if this is off-topic. I am a
student in the MLIS program at the University of British Columbia, and am
currently doing a co-op work term helping a non-profit organization start a
digital library. We're currently considering different software programs,
and while I've been sifting through the big players (including CONTENTdm,
Greenstone, and per IT's request, SharePoint) I keep wondering if there is a
simpler option that I am missing. I've used a few helpful case studies as
well asinformation put out by JISC, but I'm curious: are there are other
good tools out there for this sort of decision-making?

Thank you in advance, and feel free to respond off-list.

Cheers,
Kelly McElroy
MAS/MLIS candidate, University of British Columbia