[Web4lib] Attending/Presenting at conferences in difficult times

Robert Balliot rballiot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:51:03 EST 2010

Yes, those are marketing methods that make a conference more attractive to
you and I am certain they are important to other people too.

But, how exactly do snacks, gossip, and bookmarks benefit your employer?  If
that is the *real benefit* of a meeting or conference, then how would an
employer justify the expense?

R. Balliot
http://oceanstatelibrarian.com