[Web4lib] Converting DVDs to .flv files

Shauna Borger shauna.borger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:41:39 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

For our Oral History program at Purdue Libraries, Archives and Special
Collections, we conduct audio and video interviews. My task is to process
the audio and video files and convert them to web-appropriate files. The
videos have been giving me problems lately. I copy the DVD files to the
server and using Any Video Converter, I convert the files to .flv. The
problem I am seeing is the audio and video in the file aren't syncing up.
The audio is faster than video. I have tried different audio and video
settings and also increased the default sync factor. But nothing seems to
work. Does anyone have any advice on this? Software I should use? Different
settings I should try?

I appreciate any advice or comments.

Thanks,
Shauna Borger
Digital Collections Coordinator
Purdue Libraries, Archives and Special Collections