[Web4lib] non-programmer databases in the cloud

Cindy Harper charper at colgate.edu
Wed Dec 22 15:37:50 EST 2010

Hi all - I'm wondering if any of you can point me to sites/hosting
services/technologies in the cloud that would allow our librarians, some of
whom have FileMaker Pro experience, to create their own databases in the
cloud, and (with the help of technical staff)
              - use some sort of CAS or other authentication method to
authenticate and authorize individual users, preferably against our campus
AD,
              - script simple logic and actions such as "this choice
redirects to this page",
              - stores the answers to choices/questions in an accessible
datastore,
              - permits the user to see only his own rows in the table, or
his own group of data,
              - is as simple for the librarian/database creator as possible
(could be more work for systems admin).

Since our campus is on Google Apps, it may be there is more capability with
Google Sites than I know of.

Cindy Harper, Systems Librarian
Colgate University Libraries
charper at colgate.edu