[Web4lib] PHP on local host

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Wed Dec 8 20:45:03 EST 2010

* edit ?:\xampp\php\php.ini
* "short_open_tag = Off" to "short_open_tag = Off"
   (don't edit the example line that starts with a semicolon. That
will have no effect)
* Disable and then Enable the Apache in the XAMPP Control Panel

PHP 5.3 issue has been fixed in the latest version of Drupal 6.x, but
still might generate warnings with some modules enabled.

Consider signing up for the drupal4lib group --
http://listserv.uic.edu/htbin/wa?SUBED1=drupal4lib&A=1

Good luck,

Cary

Good luck,

Cary

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Trista Lumpkin <tristanl13 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to set up a drupal test site on my local system or on a flash drive. I've downloaded XAMPP and drupal, but my system still won't recognize PHP. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Trista Smith
> Library Director
> Bitterroot Public Library

Cary Gordon