[Web4lib] Help with obfuscated URL

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 16:39:23 EST 2010

O wise ones,

I'm working on a project for the upcoming Civil War sesquicentennial
and I'm trying to collect information about individual New York
regiments.  I have looked at the National Park Service's Civil War
Soldiers and Sailors System:

<http://www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/>

and it will allow me to display a list of soldiers in (for example)
the 134th NY Infantry regiment, but because of the way they're using
frames and Javascript I can't figure out a URL for the results.

I wrote to them and the responder agreed that would be a useful
capability but the system (looks like they use Cold Fusion) doesn't
offer it.  That may be true, but I thought I would ask if anyone else
could come up with something.

Thanks for any ideas,

--
Bob Sullivan