[Web4lib] Google Wave bye-bye

Walter McGinnis walter at katipo.co.nz
Thu Aug 5 19:21:22 EDT 2010

It's pretty simple why it failed. It never had a compelling story to explain what it was.

The reason it never had a compelling story? They chose a vague name that didn't give any real insight into its nature over an enlightening unifying metaphor.  Personally, I thought it was closest to a chat room model, but where there were products of the conversations.

People are pretty familiar with the virtual "room" concept for conversing.  The idea is to tie in output of the conversations, maybe something that riffed off "the writers' room".

Cheers,
Walter

Walter McGinnis
Kete Project Lead (http://kete.net.nz)