[Web4lib] Chicago Area Drupal Group

Mikael Jacobsen MJacobsen at skokielibrary.info
Thu Aug 5 10:02:16 EDT 2010

When: Monday, August 16th 9:30-12:00
Where: Skokie Public Library -
5215 Oakton Street
Skokie, Illinois 60077
Cost: Free

Join us for a discussion about content management systems. Learn from
brief presentations by veterans and share your own stories, issues, and
successes. Beginners welcome!

Welcome to Drupal 7 by  Matthew Lechleider (Open Source Evangelist
Extraordinaire)
A brief summary of what is new in Drupal 7. Focus will be on modules and
features librarians utilize. Starting with a fresh install, we will jump
straight into Drupal 7. Together we will add common modules and discuss
changes/updates. Also note available options for upgrading from Drupal 6
-> Drupal 7.

Don't Tread on Me by John Wohlers of the Wabaunsee Community College
This presentation will cover the basics of using the Flag Module to
offer your patrons the ability to customize their experience on your
library web site.  A demonstration of a customizable Research Database
list will be shown.

P.S.  I am willing to try streaming this meeting, but want to know if
their is interest before going to the trouble.  Please email me (off
list) to let me know if this is something that you would
watch/participate in online.

Cheers,
Mikael "Mick" Jacobsen
Supervisor of Computer Lab Assistants, Librarian
Skokie Public Library, IL
http://www.skokielibrary.info <http://www.skokielibrary.info/>
mjacobsen at skokielibrary.info
847.324.3196