[Web4lib] Android app for library catalog

Walker, David dwalker at calstate.edu
Wed Apr 14 13:08:54 EDT 2010

> I think trying to sift through a bunch of resources to
> find the right one for my particular topic/thesis on a
> small device would feel very frustrating

Actually, this feels very frustrating on a large device, too! :-)

I took Laura's earlier comments as indicating a need for priority.  And I think we can, to some extent, anticipate what users will be more likely to do on a mobile device.

But it would be nice to see some actual user studies.  Because, I suspect if we ask users what they think, they will say they find the array of databases and options we present them now to be too confusing.  So please don't simply recreate that same mess on my phone.

--Dave

David Walker
Library Web Services Manager
California State University