[Web4lib] Android app for library catalog

Steven Pryor pryorsw at slu.edu
Tue Apr 13 23:01:12 EDT 2010

I generally agree with the sentiment about basing a mobile presence on
mobile-friendly websites first.  I would not, however, expect Android
users to stay anywhere near 5%.  The platform seems to be coming into
its own all of a sudden and there are a LOT of Android devices hitting
the market with some major publicity and vendor support now.  Coupled
with Apple's recent practices to alienate developers and others (the
same sort of thing that basically marginalized their platforms the first
time around), I think starting on an Android app -- if you really want
or need native app functionality -- would pay off in the future when the
platform gains some serious market share.

Just my opinion,
Steven