[Web4lib] Assistant Dean for Collections and Technology at WWU – Search Extended

Andrea Peterson Andrea.Peterson at wwu.edu
Tue Apr 6 14:13:35 EDT 2010

Assistant Dean for Collections and Technology at WWU – Search Extended

The Western Washington University Libraries seek a dynamic, innovative, and decisive leader to serve as Assistant Dean for Collections and Technology.  The person in this key leadership position will have policy, assessment, and planning responsibilities for Library IT, Collection Development, Cataloging, Acquisitions, and ILL, with a total staff of 25.  We are in the early stages of re-visioning our organizational structure, and the Assistant Dean will provide leadership in rethinking past practices in light of new demands and opportunities.   We are currently exploring ways to enhance the discovery of resources and information, expand support for digital collections, and improve the management of electronic resources.  The successful candidate will be an accomplished leader who is skilled in managing change and building partnerships within the library, across campus, and the greater community.

This is a full time tenured faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.  The candidate's record must show professional accomplishments to warrant this appointment. This position reports directly to the Dean of Libraries and will work closely with the Assistant Dean for Public Services, Director of Planning and Administration, and other library leaders.  Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, with minimum salary of $75,000.  Applications received by May 7, 2010 will be given full consideration.  This position will remain open until  filled.  Preferred starting date is on or before September 1, 2010.

For more details and application instructions, see https://jobs.wwu.edu/JobPosting.aspx?JPID=1276
For further information, please contact Ms. Connie Mallison, Search Committee Coordinator, by email at Connie.Mallison at wwu.edu.