[Web4lib] question: use of tabbed search boxes on home page?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Mon Apr 5 17:07:55 EDT 2010

That's a really good meta-question, and I'd be also very happy to hear
what methodology anyone who did this used.

I was thinking mostly of known item searches. In the case of articles,
it's often pretty obvious if they typed in the title of a scholarly
article.

Similarly for books, it's sometimes obvious, or you could try searching
the strings that look like book titles into WorldCat to verify if they
are.
I could imagine a research project that spot-checked random entries in
the log that way, maybe a small percent.

Melissa

[web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org] On