[Web4lib] question: use of tabbed search boxes on home page?

Walker, David dwalker at calstate.edu
Sat Apr 3 11:29:30 EDT 2010

I'm not sure how you would determine whether users are using the wrong search box for book or articles just by looking at the logs.

It would be pretty obvious with something like a "journal list," since that is a rather specialized search.  But I would expect users to type essentially the same types of queries -- topics -- into both the article and book (catalog) search boxes.

--Dave

David Walker
Library Web Services Manager
California State University