[Web4lib] need some free design advice

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 16:39:43 EDT 2009

Dear Collective Brain,

Here's my library's website:

http://www.ryepubliclibrary.org/

The first large image (it may not be for the art reception by the time
you see it) was implemented (not by me) as the background image for
the div titled main-photo-cell. It's defined in the style sheet so
can't be changed on the fly. The lower left quadrant of the town seal
is painted over it. I would like to convert from having the image in
the background to having it in the foreground so that I can make a
slideshow. I could *try* to incorporate the seal into every promo I
make, or I could move the seal, or eliminate it from the front page,
or narrow the image area and fill in the empty space with _?_.

What would you do if you were me?

Thanks,
Sharon

Sharon M. Foster, JD, MLS
Technology Librarian
http://firstgentrekkie.blogspot.com/
"Have you tried switching it off and on again?"