[Web4lib] _Mobile Libraries_ >>> The Road Show >>> April 2010

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Tue Sep 29 16:14:44 EDT 2009

Colleagues/

In late April 2010 (04/26-04/28) I plan to attend and hope to present at
EMTACL10 > The International Conference On Emerging Technologies In
Academic Libraries 2010 in Trondheim, Norway.

I intend to prepare an abstract / paper / presentation about major
initiatives relating to Mobile Libraries / Mobile Learning that will be
derived from my >>> Research In Public <<< Blog _Mobile Libraries_ and
my ongoing review of current and emerging developments in these areas.

The EMTACL10 conference will be hosted by the Library of the Norwegian
University Of Science And Technology  (NTNU)

"This is a new international conference for academic librarians,
information professionals, academic staff, students, library system
developers and suppliers, among others. The conference aims to provide
answers to the following questions: What can academic libraries do to
address change? How can we adapt? Which technologies can/should/must we
use/create?"

"This is a conference for academic library workers and others with a
general interest in emerging technologies and electronic information
services >>>

User Profiles / Sharing / Social Technologies / Mashups / Tagging /
Emerging Learning Technologies / Semantic Web / Aggregation / Cloud
Computing / Virtualization / Social Networks / Mobile Technologies
/Communication With Users / Location Awareness / User-Behaviour Data And
Analysis / Streaming / Democratization / Interfaces

I Am Greatly Interested in Spreading The World About Mobile
Libraries/Learning And Would Be Honored To Present On The Topic(s)
(Focused On Your Particular Interests And Those Of Your Community)
At/In >>>Other Venues<<<  Before/ After My Visit To Trondheim ... So ...

While abroad I would willing to travel to any country in Europe /
Eastern Europe / Middle East  [a week or so before or after my visit to
Norway]

It Would Be Great To Return To Ireland, Italy, Spain, As Well As The UK,
But There Are Places I've Not Been ...

While an honorarium is always appreciated, I ask (as a minimum) that my
direct expenses be covered (moderately-priced accommodations, meals,
travel).

Please Note: I always attempt to find the least expensive / best value
housing and airfare/rail whenever I do travel.

>>>Please contact me at gerrymck at iastate.edu   and / or
gerry.mckiernan at gmail.com   if you are interested in sponsoring a
presentation (or two [:-)])<<<

Links To The Post With Links To Appropriate Conference Links Available
At

[ http://tinyurl.com/y8m2cxj  ]

Thanks For Considering !

>> Follow Me  On Twitter >> http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor

Science and Technology Librarian

Iowa State University Library

Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There Are No Answers, Only Solutions / Olde Irish Saying

The Future Is Already Here, It's Just Not Evenly Distributed

Attributed To William Gibson, SciFi Author / Coined 'Cyberspace