[Web4lib] New Google Group and Online Event about eBook Devices in Libraries

Tom Peters tapinformation at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 14:26:35 EDT 2009

Greetings!

Please consider joining the "eBook Devices in Libraries" Google Group.  This group was started on September 21, 2009 by Lori Bell, the Director of Innovation at the Alliance Library System, and Tom Peters, the CEO of TAP Information Services, to facilitate discussions and the sharing of ideas about what libraries and library-related organizations are planning and doing regarding eBook services designed primarily for use on portable electronic reading devices.

To join this Google Group and join in the discussion, please visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/ebook-devices-in-libraries

Also, sometime during the second week of October there will be a free, live, online event surrounding this topic.  Everone is welcome to attend.  There is no need to register.  The event will be held in OPAL (www.opal-online.org).

The dates we are looking at are Tues. through Thurs., Oct. 13-15.  If you would like to make a brief (5-10) minute presentation about some aspect of or project related to eBook devices in libraries, please contact me.  Let me know the topic of your brief presentation and which times, if any, in that 3-day window work for you.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Peters, CEO
TAP Information Services