[Web4lib] User survey to help design library sites

steven turner steven.turner at usm.edu
Fri Sep 18 14:29:38 EDT 2009

Michelle,
We (Southern Miss Libraries) conduct a regular survey every spring
using SurveyMonkey software. Works nicely, is web-based and very
configurable. We usually do demographics on the first page, second
page consists of around 10 questions about usability and usage on a 5-
point Likert scale, and the last page consists of three open-ended
questions (what do you like most, what do you like least, and
suggestions). I can link you to it if you'd like. The reports and
summaries are also attractive, professional and informative.

Steve