[Web4lib] Photo Repositories

Roy Tennant tennantr at oclc.org
Tue Sep 15 20:24:30 EDT 2009

I'm a bit surprised that not only has no one yet mentioned Omeka
<http://omeka.org/>, but it isn't even named in the report below, which
names such off-the-wall options as "ExLibris" (a software company, not a
software application).

I use Omeka to manage a small but growing site of digital images at
<http://stanislausriver.org/>. It has worked fairly well so far, I just have
a few gripes with how you can (or more accurately, can't) control metadata
options and the workflow is awkward. But pretty much all of these
applications have something to complain about it seems.
Roy