[Web4lib] Facebook (& Second Life)

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 17:56:09 EDT 2009

I did a limited survey of public library websites in Connecticut last
year. I found that a library's Library 2.0 presence is directly
related to the library's operating income, which in turn is directly
related to hours open, # of FTEs, circulation, and # of reference
transactions--in short, all the usual measures of performance.

Sharon M. Foster, JD, MLS
Technology Librarian
http://firstgentrekkie.blogspot.com/