[Web4lib] Problems with Google Scholar Link Resolver links?

Bob Duncan duncanr at lafayette.edu
Thu Sep 10 15:40:50 EDT 2009

----- "Debbie Bezanson" <debbie.bezanson at gmail.com> wrote:

> At George Washington University we seem to be missing our first line
> Library Links in Google Scholar.  I have put out a question on the SFX
> listserv and have found  several other SFX customers who are also experiencing
> this problem.  Are there any libraries out there using a link resolver
> other than SFX who could check to see if their Google Scholar library links are
> still working or are also missing?
>
> That would help us to be able to determine if its likely to be an SFX
> issue or possibly a change implemented by Google.

If you mean Google Scholar is not generating any OpenURL links for your institution, we're seeing the same thing, and I just communicated with someone else who is similarly afflicted.  Both of us are using WebBridge, so it must be a GS thing (which isn't terribly surprising considering their abnormal OpenURL practices).

Bob Duncan

Robert E. Duncan
Systems Librarian
Editor of IT Communications