[Web4lib] Lobby display monitors - Recommendations?

Brian Myers bmyers at wilmette.lib.il.us
Thu Oct 15 10:45:41 EDT 2009

We are beginning to look at flat screen lobby displays, and hope to
purchase as many as three (two for our first floor and a third for our
2nd floor Youth Services area).

I would very much appreciate it if you could share your suggestions and
recommendations. What are you using and how are you integrating it with
your network?

Ideally we would like to leverage existing web content (calendar,
librarian and patron book reviews, program announcements) and possibly
customize this content depending upon the location of the display
monitor within the building (so that, for example, the youth monitor
displays just youth-related content).

I'd particularly appreciate your recommendations with respect to
specific equipment and network integration.

Brian W. Myers
Reference Librarian and Web Manager
Wilmette Public Library
http://www.wilmettelibrary.info