[Web4lib] A Library to Last Forever - NY Times OpEd piece on GoogleBook Search

Keith D. Engwall kengwall at catawba.edu
Tue Oct 13 10:08:52 EDT 2009

Music to my ears.  Count me in!

By the way, Harry G. Frankfurt wrote a tremendous and pertinent essay
regarding this phenomenon entitled "On BS" (the title actually spells
the term out... I'm just abbreviating it for the sake of public
courtesy).  In it, he makes the distinction between lies, which are used
to conceal the truth, and BS, which is wholly independent of the truth
and is used simply to impress or persuade.  He makes the point that
since the liar at the very least is concerned with the truth, and since
the BS-er has absolutely no regard for the truth, it is BS that is the
greater danger of the two.