[Web4lib] A Library to Last Forever - NY Times OpEd pieceon GoogleBook Search

Mark Denham M.Denham at lib.gla.ac.uk
Tue Oct 13 09:39:46 EDT 2009

I fear that what we are seeing is the further rise of the concept that
if you cannot find it through google it does not exist. The idea that
anyone might search worldcat is beyond their comprehension. I guess this
is why worldcat and other services are working so hard on making their
systems google friendly.