[Web4lib] Question about electronic printing and an end to paper and/or plastic print/copycards

Harvey Melinda melindajharvey at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 10:40:20 EDT 2009

Our main library uses the plastic print cards, but it was too pricey for the smaller branches when you factored in all the extra equipment.  One branch went with pay at the circ desk, and two of us use the photocopiers as printers.  Basically the photocopier has to be networkable, the copier is connected to the campus network, and each computer is assigned a name.  Students send the print job to the copier, put in their money, select the job, and it prints.  You can have the copier set up so that the job automatically deletes after it is printed, or you can clear out the buffer manually.
Melinda Harvey

Reference Department,

McClellan Library,

Gadsden State Community College

256-238-9352

 "In the nonstop tsunami of global information, librarians provide us with floaties and teach us how to swim."  Linton Weeks