[Web4lib] Ebooks

Christine Mannaz micraira at hotmail.fr
Tue Nov 17 10:36:36 EST 2009

Hello,

I am a French librarian working in a library which is about to make major acquisitions of ebooks.
Since these subscriptions are going to have an impact on my everyday job (I am cataloguing paper science books), I would like to collect testimonies coming from other librarians, who had experienced the same mutations, in their own library.

Here are my questions :

* Do electronic books induce changes in work flows ? And which ones ?
* Do librarians have to develop new competences ?

I will, of course, make a synthesis of the answers I will get.

Sincerely,

Michel Micraira