[Web4lib] web-based finding-aid management and display tools

Markus Wust markus_wust at ncsu.edu
Fri Nov 6 12:26:04 EST 2009

Steven,

NCSU Libraries is using the free Archivists' Toolkit for managing our finding aids. As was mentioned by others, it is about to be merged with Archon. The public display and searching is handled by a locally customized installation of XTF (for a sample search, see http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/findingaids/search?keyword=architecture ( http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/findingaids/search?keyword=raleigh )). Patrons can also search and view our finding aids through a consortial catalog that we share with Duke University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina Central University (for a sample search, see http://search.trln.org/search?id=NCSU970250).

Markus Wust
Digital Collections and Preservation Librarian
NCSU Libraries