[Web4lib] Request to participate in 2009 Library Technology Guides automation survey

Breeding, Marshall marshall.breeding at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Nov 5 11:23:39 EST 2009

Please respond to the 2009 library automation perceptions survey.  This page describes how to participate:
  http://www.librarytechnology.org/blog.pl?ThreadID=137&BlogID=1

More details:

For the last two years I have conducted a survey and written a report on the perceptions that libraries form of the quality of the core automation products they use and their satisfaction with the service they receive.

Results from previous editions:
     http://www.librarytechnology.org/perceptions2008.pl
     http://www.librarytechnology.org/perceptions2007.pl

I have begun to collect data for the 2009 edition of the survey.  This is an opportunity for libraries to register their impressions of the ILS product they use, its vendor, and the quality of support delivered.   Is support getting better or worse?  The survey also probes at considerations for migrating to new systems and the level of interest in open source ILS.   While the numeric rating scales support the statistical results of the study, it's the comments offered that provide the most insight into the current state of library automation satisfaction.

Please help your fellow libraries who might be in the process of evaluating library automation options by responding to the survey.  Any information regarding vendor performance and product quality can be helpful when making strategic decisions regarding automation alternatives.  A large number of responses strengthen the impact of the survey and the subsequent report.
If you have responded to previous editions of the survey, please give your responses again this year.  It's helpful to understand whether things are getting better or worse.

As with the previous versions of the survey, only one response per library is allowed.   While all the individuals that work in a library may have their own opinions, please respond to the extent that you can from the general experiences of your library.

Please contact me if you have any questions regarding the survey.

Marshall Breeding
Director for Innovative Technology and Research
Vanderbilt University Library
Editor, Library Technology Guides
http://www.librarytechnology.org
615-343-6094