[Web4lib] Library Technology Conference, 2010 - Call for Proposals

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Tue Nov 3 20:36:22 EST 2009

Please excuse cross-posting.  This is a great new library technology
conference, now coming into its third year, and I want to get the word
out!  We've have great feedback from participants so far, and we're
looking forward to 2010's conference.  Come join us!

***

Library Technology Conference, 2010 - Call for Proposals

The Library Technology Conference 2010 Committee invites you to submit
proposals for presentation at the Library Technology Conference to be
held at Macalester College, St. Paul MN, March 17-18, 2010.  To submit a
proposal, please visit the conference website at:
http://digitalcommons.macalester.edu/libtech_conf/2010/ , and click
"Information for Presenters".  Those who wish to submit a proposal must
create a free account on the Digital Commons site.  Proposals will be
accepted until Friday, November 20th, 2009.

ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
This popular and growing two-day conference is now in its third year.
The conference includes keynote, concurrent, hands-on and poster
sessions highlighting many of the technologies affecting how users
interact with libraries, as well as how libraries are using technology
to create new and better ways to manage existing resources.  This
Conference is an opportunity for library staff and the technologists who
support them to discuss how these technologies are affecting library
services; to see examples of what libraries are doing with these
technologies; and to allow participants to learn specific skills or
knowledge that they can take back and adapt for use within their own
library.

Sessions are geared toward all types of libraries, a wide range of
topics and varying skill levels. Conference sessions will include a mix
of traditional lecture-style presentations, panel discussions, hands-on
workshops, and poster sessions. Anyone interested in the changing
technologies that are affecting libraries should plan to attend.

WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU:
We are looking for a balance of sessions that will appeal to a broad
library audience and provide a combination of "right now" solutions and
"see the future" technology presentations.  Projects can be already
implemented or still in process. Long-term experiments that stretch the
boundaries of how we work, or will work, in libraries, as well as "out
of the box" solutions and ideas for libraries struggling to keep up are
welcome topics.  What has worked for you?  Why?  What brought you to
that solution?  What benefits has it provided to your organization?

POSSIBLE PROGRAM TYPES:

Traditional Session - 60-minute lecture-style presentation highlighting
a technology resource or service.

Workshop Session - 90 minute session offering participants a hands-on
experience working with a technology or learning details of a service.
Be sure to tell us if there is a maximum number of participants you feel
would be appropriate.  Available lab space may ultimately decide the
class size.

Group / Panel Discussion - 90-minute group discussion involving a
variety of presenters focusing on single topic or specific
technology-based service or innovation; should also include an
opportunity for audience discussion.

Poster Session - posters and handouts describing and explaining a
technology resource or service offered in a library.

PRESENTER COMPENSATION:
Presenters who participate in a presentation or poster session will be
given one- or two-day registration, based on these guidelines:

*	If presenting a full session, a presenter will be given free
registration for both (2) days of the conference.
*	If an institution submits a panel format with three (3) or more
participants from the same institution in the same session, each panel
representative will be given free registration for one (1) day only.

If you have questions or if we can be of assistance as you prepare for
your presentation, please contact: Laura Wight at
laura.wight at sdstate.edu <mailto:laura.wight at sdstate.edu>

Louise E. Alcorn
Reference Technology Librarian
West Des Moines Public Library