[Web4lib] Survey Of Potential Attendees At The Future Of Research/Scholarship Presentation(s) || Ireland

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Sun May 31 13:46:09 EDT 2009

Colleagues/

As I've previous posted, In June I Will Give Four (4) Invited Keynote Presentations On The Topic(s) Of Open > Semantic > Social > Mobile In The Context Of Research and Scholarship:

The National Library Of Ireland, Dublin (June 4 / 1:00 PM)

Lecture : The Paradigms They Are A-Changin': The Future of Research and Scholarship / Thursday / 4 June 2009 / 1.00 PM / Seminar Room / Admission Free / Booking Is Not Required

The National University of Ireland - Galway (June 5 / 1:00 PM)

Library Seminar: The Future Of Research And Scholarship: Open / Semantic / Social / Mobile /Friday / 5 June / 1300 / Library Meeting Room, Basement Level, James Hardiman Library

Note: Sandwiches will be provided, so please contact Aoife Harrington (aoife.harrington at nuigalway.ie or ext. 2593) in advance for catering purposes.

The University College Cork, Cork (June 8 / 9:00 AM)

Boole Lecture Theatre 2 / Co-Sponsored by Ionad Bairre

The University of Limerick, Limerick (June 9 / 2:30 PM).

Symposium: Social Networking Services at Third-Level: Trends and Developments: "The Paradigms They Are A-Changin': The Future of Research and Scholarship (Open / Semantic / Social / Mobile)" / Tuesday / June 9th 2009 / 2.30 pm / Charles Parsons Lecture Theatre / All welcome

Contact Dr. Tríona Hourigan for further information.Tel: 00 353 (0) 61 234675

If you are interested in information about any / all of these presentations, please contact me at gerrymck at iastate.edu

Questionnaire

In order to ascertain the particular interests of potential attendees to my presentation titled "The Paradigms Are A-Changin' > The Future Of Research And Scholarship: Open > Semantic > Social > Mobile" , I would most appreciate your responses to a questionnaire requesting attendee preferences for a particular presentation

Please Note That All Responses Are Confidential And Will Only Be Used To Focus The Topics Of My Presentation.

I created a survey for potential attendees for each of the venues noted above and ask that potential attendees only complete the survey for the individual presentation they expect to attend:

National Library of Ireland, Dublin [ http://tinyurl.com/lemfnl ]

National University of Irealnd, Galway [ http://tinyurl.com/l3vn5y ]

University College Cork [ http://tinyurl.com/m3bbkh ]

University of Limerick [ http://tinyurl.com/kn6kb4 ]

I will customize a prepared general presentation to reflect the specific preferences of probable attendees at a particular venue.

By July 1 2009 I will post the customized presentations as well as a Director's Cut that combines each with additional content.

NOTE: I have also created a survey for probable non-attendees:

[ http://tinyurl.com/n6behd ]

Thanks for your assistance and cooperation.

BTW: My Blog entry includes links to the available institutional announcements as well as the individual surveys at

[ http://tinyurl.com/pwp8nf  ],

/Gerry

 Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor

Science and Technology Librarian

Iowa State University Library

Ames IA 50011

 gerrymck at iastate.edu

 There is Nothing More Powerful Than An Idea Whose Time Has Come / Victor Hugo

[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490  ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows

[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/   ]