[Web4lib] Download text from Google books

Kevil, L H. KevilL at missouri.edu
Fri May 29 10:00:49 EDT 2009

Thanks for the suggestion, Lisa. Screen shots will work for normal
purposes. I've done that and then run the printout through OCR. This
takes more time than simply typing the text out.

But consider the case of a student needing to quote a paragraph or so,
perhaps across two or more pages, working around a photo or graph. The
paper is for a fussy professor who insists on his page margins, a
specified type face and point size, and MLA style, particularly for
footnotes, etc. Here the time-pressed student could use a quick -
perhaps QAD - way to download the text and import it into a Microsoft
Word document. It's an interesting problem.

Hunter