[Web4lib] Web Architect job @ NJIT

Jim Robertson james.c.robertson at gmail.com
Wed May 20 14:32:18 EDT 2009

Web Architect

NJIT seeks a talented, motivated, and creative Web Architect to drive
forward its website improvement and innovation.

The Web Architect will lead the aesthetic direction of the NJIT websites, as
well as the user experience.  He/she will design web pages and page
elements, guide the user interface and user experience, and develop the code
and strategies to build those designs in the context of our CMS.

We use a Java-based CMS (LCMS3) that publishes PHP, XML, and CSS.  We
harvest some XML into MySQL databases for re-use.  We use AJAX methods to
improve the user experience both within our CMS and on published-out web
pages.  We consume web services from on-campus data sources, as well as our
Flickr and YouTube accounts.

We are looking for someone with several years of proven and successful
professional experience who has a strong aesthetic vision and can code in
their sleep.

What we offer:

   - Stimulating and engaging university environment
   - 10 miles to New York city
   - Small team-based office
   - Informal, collaborative, creative, get-it-done atmosphere
   - Work with web developers, CMS editor, web writer, and new media
   producer
   - Excellent benefits and vacation package

What you bring:

   - High-level skills
   - Creativity, innovation, problem-solving
   - Self-starter, self-motivator, self-learner
   - Curiosity, experimentation

To apply, prepare a cover letter, resume, and a strong portfolio of work
demonstrating professional-level design, development, and project
management.  Go to the NJIT jobs website at http://njit.jobs.  Find job
posting for “Web Architect”

*The New Jersey Institute of Technology is New Jersey’s science and
technology university located 10 miles from New York City.  University Web
Services is responsible for NJIT’s public-facing websites and its associated
social networking platforms.*